ATEN's Standard Warranty Service
Limited Hardware Warranty :
ATEN warrants its hardware purchased in your country against flaws in materials and workmanship for a Warranty Period of two (2) years (warranty period may vary in some regions/countries) commencing from the date of original purchase (with the exception of the Product's LCD panel, which is warranted for the period of one  year). Cables, power adapters, and accessories are excluded.
What is covered by the Limited Hardware Warranty :
ATEN will provide a repair service, without charge, during the Warranty Period. If a product is defective, ATEN will, at its discretion, have the option to (1) repair said product with new or repaired components, or (2) replace the entire product with an identical product or with a similar product which fulfils the same function as the defective product. Replaced products assume the warranty of the original product for the remaining period or a period of 90 days, whichever is longer. When the products or components are replaced, the replacing articles shall become Customer property and the replaced articles shall become the property of ATEN.
What is not covered by the Limited Hardware Warranty :
The Limited Hardware Warranty does not cover :
- Non ATEN‐branded products and accessories
- Problems that result from:
- External causes of malfunction and misuse or abuse of the Product, including but not limited to:
- Use of incorrect line voltages
- Use of incorrect fuses
- Use of incompatible, defective, or inferior devices, supplies, or accessories
- Improper or insufficient ventilation
- Servicing not authorized by ATEN.
- Usage that is not in accordance with product instructions.
- Failure to follow the product instructions
- Altering the Product or its components without written authorization from ATEN.
- Problems caused by using accessories, parts, or components not supplied by ATEN.
- An act of God such as, but not limited to, lightning, flooding, tornado, earthquakes, and typhoons/hurricanes.
- Consumable products or components
- Products not purchased from ATEN or its authorized distributors
- Products moved out of the country where they were originally purchased
- Products with missing, damaged, or altered serial numbers
- Products damaged in transit due to improper packaging
- Normal wear and tear
- Preventive maintenance, installation, de‐installation, or relocation services
For out of warranty product services, ATEN will charge relative repair costs and the Customer shall pay all freight charges.
How do I obtain warranty services :
If any Product encounters issues, the Customer is encouraged to visit ATEN's Support website to find a solution or contact ATEN technical support staff or an authorized service representative. After remote diagnosis and troubleshooting, if ATEN determines that the Customer's product requires its Returned Material Authorization Service (Standard Return‐For‐Repair Service), ATEN will issue an RMA number to the Customer that will remain usable for 3 months. The Customer must package faulty products with fault details, mark the RMA number clearly on the package, and return it to ATEN for repair within the RMA number's period of validity. Products returned without RMA numbers will be rejected. Any product accessories (such as, cables, power adapters, etc.) should be included in the package.
All defective Products sent to ATEN must be packaged in their original boxes (or otherwise properly packaged) in order to prevent damage during transit. ATEN will reject any Product which is damaged during shipment or has missing parts. In such cases, the Customer is obliged to pay the then‐current standard ATEN price for the parts missing from the Customer's Product and not properly returned to ATEN by the Customer.
The Customer's product will be repaired (or replaced) and delivered to a courier for return shipping to the Customer. ATEN reserves the right to send the Customer a replacement for the entire Product (or a Product with portions replaced) rather than repairing the Product that the Customer returned.
The cost of freight and other shipping charges in connection with warranty services will be borne by the party sending the Product or parts thereof.